QEF Mobility Services is endorsed by the Department of Transport, DVLA and accredited by the Forum. QEF Mobility Services offers specialised training to professionals who wish to fulfil and maximise their potential with an interest in increasing awareness and knowledge of disability issues.
What is it about
The Disability Awareness Training is a one-day workshop, designed in line with the Disabilities Act legislation, to help you understand and ‘experience’ disability. Sessions will cover theoretical knowledge and practical techniques to develop core skills and techniques for day to day transport difficulties experienced by people with disabilities, with a focus on air travel.
Who should attend
Professionals in the travel sector who want to develop and increase knowledge and skills in order to improve and deliver a high quality service, in particular to passengers with a disability. Meeting statutory requirement for the provision for the disabled community will boost your service credentials to reach a new level of competence and service provision; and be empowered with the knowledge of disability issues relating particularly to air travel.
What will I get out of it
The programme includes:
- What is disability
- Types of disability
- Medical Conditions
- Meeting people with a disability
- Your rights and legislation
- Wheelchair experience
- Disability Discrimination Act
- Children and adults with a disability travelling in aircraft
- Practical advice and guidelines on how to meet the needs of those with a disability. Issues and resources.
- Clarification of roles and responsibilities of wheelchair users
- Seating and transfer options
- Boarding techniques/methods for passengers with disability
- Additional seating requirements for passengers with disability
- Postural support requirements of passengers with disability
- Mobility Chain exercise
Course information - Ring 0208 770 1151 to book
Location: QEF Mobility Services, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 4NR
Duration: 1 day
Cost: £150 inclusive of course materials, certificate, refreshments and lunch